Friday, January 30, 2009

NAMI Ventura

I am in this class called "Service Leadership" right now and what we have to do is meet with a Non-Profit Organization and help them with some of their problems and give them a few possible solutions. Our group is called BNB Consulting and we are 5 students that have to work for them. Well, we met with NAMI Ventura for the first time on Wednesday (1/28/2009) and I was blown away by all that they do. "What the heck is NAMI," you may be saying. I said the same when I first heard about them. Well, let me tell you a little about what they do and why I decided to do a blog post on them.



NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a non-profit organization that helps family members of those with mental illnesses. They have a bunch of classes and mentoring that I am so surprised that more people don't know more about them. Most of their classes are absolutely FREE and most of the people that take the classes say "Why didn't I hear about you sooner?" Well, my group, BBNB Consulting, is going to try and help the org. advertise themselves better and we are going to try our best to get the word out about them because they truly are an amazing organization!

I just want to say that if you know anyone with any kind of mental disorder, or if you know anyone that has a family member with a mental disorder, please find your local NAMI organization and get in contact with them ASAP. I promise, it will make a world of difference!

See, I am already starting my job: getting the word out!

No comments:

Post a Comment