Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cooking - Dessert: Yummy in Our Tummies!

About a week ago or so I was craving some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. On one of my shopping trips to the local Ralph's I ran into this:


It seemed like the perfect solution for my craving! Along with this ready-mix cookie powder stuff I bought some chocolate chips to finish my ideal cookie. Well, after going home that night and reading on other's sites about how they bake and what they've done recently, I found an amazing recipe for some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but much better than my powdered ones! They were from scratch!

Immediately, I made a shopping list and decided it was my mission as a new bride to make the best things that I can for Hubby! Not only the "just add water" kinds of things. Here are a few pictures of my adventure.

Home-made cookie dough ready to be baked!


Dirty dishes from mixing all of the ingredients.
(It was so hard to mix everything because I had to use a hand whisk since I left my mixer at my parent's house)


Some freshly baked cookies and some ready to go into the oven!


A fresh batch of cookies! Yummy-licious!


Also, here are some flowers my Hubby bought me just because he loves me! =]
**(swoon)**


Well, after making these absolutely delicious cookies, I had to take some to work and share. I mean, Hubby and I weren't about to eat all 45 of them!!
My boss had a few and all of my coworkers did too! I'm guessing they liked them because by the end of the day, they were all gone!!
My boss said I should just stay home and make cookies to sell and get rich!
(Yeah, like that would happen)

After having such an amazing experience with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (from scratch) I decided I should try again, but maybe a different type of cookie?
Any suggestions?? =]

I love being a housewife that bakes and cooks yummy stuff!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria!!!

    I'm sitting here in class right now and I'm thinking of writing in my blog for once so that you'll have something to entertain yourself with...hahaha.

    You should make some more cookies, but just for me. Just kidding. Make something cool though!

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... some macadamia nut cookies sound great to me!!! (But you need to bring some over for me taste test!)... and bring some of your oatmeal chocolate chip cookies as well... they look and sound delicious!!! I also love raisin oatmeal!!! Yummy!!! :-)

    I can just smell them now... :-)

    ReplyDelete