Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cooking - Dessert: Father's Day Funnel Cakes!!! YUM!

For father's day, hubby and I decided to go visit our parents for the weekend so Saturday morning, off we were!
After swimming, playing with the baby, and having a carne asada, something caught my eye. It was a bag of powdered sugar. This may seem weird to you but since I've been baking and cooking so much (the housewife in me, lol), I felt like I just had to make something with it. I asked my dad what he wanted me to make (so long as it included powdered sugar). The first thing he said was "Funnel Cakes!" Funnel cakes....?? I don't even know how to make them or... Funnel cakes? Really?? Well, ok. Dad wanted it so Google and I became acquainted once again.

I found this quick and easy recipe on line and quickly started to work since all of the ingredients are things you'd normally have at home! Let me tell you... they were DELICIOUS!!! =] I was so glad I made them. They were going faster than I could make them so I decided to eat small pieces as I was making some more. Father's Day Funnel Cakes were a success!

Here are a few pictures of my funnel cakes:










Add some strawberry marmalade... Yummy!!

Six Flags ain't got nothin' on me! =]

You should all give them a try!
Not as difficult as you'd think.
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment