Friday, June 13, 2008

Cooking - Dinner: Beef Enchiladas

I had planned to make Enchiladas for dinner tonight since Monday evening. After checking in the fridge to make sure we had everything I was good to go! I decided I would take pictures of every step so I can teach others how to make Mexican Beef Enchiladas through my blog. Anyway, here are the directions along with pictures for all to follow (p.s. I really like cheese so feel free to omit some where ever you'd like)!! Good Luck and Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-1 lb ground beef
-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
-16 oz of Salsa
-1 can of enchilada sauce (I prefer "Las Palmas")
-1 Packet of Taco meat seasoning (I use "Taco Bell" brand)
-1/4 cup of water
-8 Corn Tortillas






Directions:

1.) Heat all 8 tortillas and set aside to be used later
2.) Brown mean and drain. Add 1/2 cup of cheese, meat seasoning, water, and 8 oz of salsa to meat and heat until everything is mixed well and cheese is melted

3.) Open enchilada sauce can and pour sauce in a semi-deep plate (you need something wide enough so you can put the tortillas in one at a time but deep enough to hold the sauce)
4.) Put the remaining salsa (and cheese if you'd like) on the bottom of a baking dish to prevent the enchiladas from sticking when baked. (I like to use a squared baking dish and make 2 layers of 4 enchiladas)

5.) Dip a tortilla in the sauce plate, covering the front and back with sauce.
6.) Add some of the meat mixture and, if you'd like, a bit more cheese.
7.) Fold the tortilla over and place in the baking dish, over the salsa, seam side down
8.) Repeat with all 8 tortillas, adding a small layer of cheese between each layer of enchiladas
9.) Place in oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted10.) Add a dab of sour cream and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment